This pavilion known as the Roman Boathouse sits on the edge of the Lower Lake in Birkenhead Park, surrounded by the towering trees it basks in the late afternoon sun. The park itself was designed by Joseph Paxton and was opened on 5 April 1847, it's design influenced that of Central Park in New York and Sefton Park in Liverpool.
Ref: IMG_17254 D80
Location: Birkenhead Park - Birkenhead, Wirral
Photographer: Ann Goodall